RAVELs are comparable to Rubik's Cube which has inspired discussion of permutation groups.
See wikipedia Permutation group and ruwix.com Mathematics.
Do you have any ideas or observations to share?
Suggestions for notation?
- How to calculate number of permutations given dimensions x, y, & z?
- How to calculate number of permutations reachable by legal moves?
- Can all permutations be reached by legal moves?
- Conversely, can legal moves solve any permutation?
- Do any answers depend on the RAVEL dimensions?
Can you think of any other questions or conjectures?
Your new theorem could be named the "<You> Theorem"!